Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Gardens and Muddy Hills of Steeple Claydon

Today, I woke up at 1:00. After a couple of hours of boredom there was (SEGMENT REMOVED). So I decided to clean myself up with a lovely bath. Nanna poked her head in, wondering if I was okay. But everything was fine. I then stepped out on to the wooden floor, slipped on the small bit of wetness my foot had created, and CRASH! In to a near by chair I went. Nanna heard this loud noise and came to see if I was okay. So she helped me up and dried me off and I didn't quite want to go back in to bed, so we went downstairs to watch some television. Nanna brought me a nice hot chocolate. We then brought the little digital one from mine and Thomas's room and put it in the dining room. So we watched television on that. Eventually Thomas woke up, had his shower/bath and came down to watch TV with me. We then had cereal for breakfast.

Lunch was a meal of sausages, stuffing, steak, brussel sprouts, carrots and broccoli. I only had sausages, stuffing, carrots and broccoli. It was very delicious. Shortly after, we went off for a walk along the gardens and muddy hills of Steeple Claydon. I was wearing my battered pair of shoes, and that was a poor decision because the mud came up through the holes in my shoes and wet my socks. But we had a lovely long walk. Unfortunately I took a bit of a fall when my foot accidentaly got trapped in a bit of grass. We talked about things (Can't quite remember exactly) and then we walked up to the church to see if it was open, but sadly it was not. Thomas and I read a couple of gravestones. Unfortuanately time had removed what was written on a lot of the gravestones. We then walked around to Claydon house and saw the stump of the old tree that my mother used to sit under and read books. She used to pretend it was her house. We went through a small gate and saw the back side of the house. We then decided to go back to the car.

When we returned home we were greeted by Alistair. Thomas tried to get a slightly old digital camera to work. Although many of the photos he took came out a bit blurry and fuzzy. Then, after an episode of The Simpsons, Alistair jumped up and went back to work. I took up his seat and started to watch the second episode of Simpsons when I fell asleep...and woke up a couple of hours later to find that Thomas had been watching Micallef...and that it was dinner time. A tasty dinner of salami, ham and smoked salmon then followed. And then there were biscuts.

I have one last day in England before I fly off to Spain. Wonder how I'm going to update my blog in Spain..... Any way, I've got one more day here before I head off to Spain for two weeks (not too sure about the specific time of stay) and then I come back here for another two weeks (again, not too sure about the specific time of stay). So, who knows. I wonder if I could get an Australia-Spain power cable adapter for my laptop power cable.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment