Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mount Ever-rest 2: Pickin' off birds from the top.

Today was once again a day of rest. The only major thing that happened was that we played with the air-rifle. Because of this, this post may be rather short.

Today was spent resting...and watching Unforgotten Realms. We didn't do too much, because of yesterday's events.

The air-rifle was good fun, even though we were low on ammo (i.e. small air-rifle pellets that you put down the barrel of the gun to load it...and fire). After several misses by me and my companion (Thomas), I decided to shift one of the targets (an old, slightly empty bottle of bleach [Sure hope I don't have any bleach embedded in to my skin which could slowly turn me in to a zombie.]) forward a bit to give me an easier shot. The thing I found the hardest was getting the gun in the right anatomical (Is this the right context?) position and being able to see the sights. But after some adjustments I managed to get a pellet through! Hooray! Then, to make it slightly harder, I moved the target back a bit. My next shot, I hit it again, and I moved it back. The third shot, I hit it....I'll leave the math work to you. This brought us down to 1 pellet left, and Thomas took it, ripping it through the air and thwacking an empty bottle of orange drink.  Yes... Good fun.

Oh yeah, sorry for the lack of photos. When get time in between lazing about or doing something marvelously exciting, I'll post the photos on to my Facebook. Please go to your nearest Facebook or person with a Facebook for more!

I'm gonna plug my camera in, get changed, brush teeth, and go to bed... In that order.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment