Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Red Hot Cup of Strong Bad

Today I got up at 5:00. Which wasn't too bad. And then after a bit, found some very saddening news. I don't want to bother you with it. Let's just say that it involved YouTube. After this period, I then headed downstairs to have breakfast, and I found some mail at the door. And there was a particular article of this mail that really interested me. It seems that dad had cleverly bought me a package off homestarrunner.com's store and sent it to the farm. The package contained a Trogdor beanie, the 6th disc of strongbad_email.exe, an advertisement for a little Strong Bad related game, and a freebie of a EVERYBODY TO THE LIMIT bumper sticker. After some celebration and watching and wearing of my new gifts, I had breakfast. Coco Pops.

After a bit longer we (Nanna, Granddad, Uncle Alistair, Thomas and I) went out to lunch at this really lovely restaurant called The Red Hot World Buffet. You go in and it's all you can eat for £8 a head. Drinks extra. Exquisitely good. My savoury items included french fries, spare ribs, spring rolls, noodles with sweet and sour sauce and my sweet items included cake, mousse, grapes and gummies. Full stomached, we headed home for many hours of rest. After a while (sorry I'm being a bit vague), at about, oooh, can't quite remember. 7:00, I think? I watched some Supernanny. And then after Supernanny, Nanna brought in a game of draughts (or checkers) for me and Granddad to play. After not knowing quite how we were supposed to set it up, we figured it out and began to play. He won the first game. The second game was played well, but was interrupted by a brief check of the rules, but I still succeded, claiming victory in a calm and placid manner. Nanna then brought in a little book-thing of quiz questions (imaginitively titled Quiz Quest) and Granddad quizzed me. I got most of them right, showing off my brainpower in a magnificent fashion. Then I headed upstairs to do various things on the computer, including playing this bizzarre flash game called "Achievement Unlocked", which was, as you could guess, all about getting achivements. Although, what made this funny is that some or most of the achivements were extremely easy. Doing things like getting to the sponsor screen, preloading the game, getting to the menu, starting the game up and clicking on the level all got you achievements.

Well, it's been a while since I wrote a blog post. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm gonna head off to bed now.

Good night, pleasant tommorrow, and bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment