Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Magical Bushel

Yesterday was New Year's eve, which is always quite exciting in Spain. We had to prepare for the party, and needed to go to get some groceries.

We headed off in to a local town called Las Matas. We went in to a little supermarket called SuperSol. We bought Pringles, bread, fruit and vegetables, yoghurt and fruit juice. Nona then went to get a newspaper so we had coins for the bus ride home. But we missed the bus! So we decided to go to a café and have something to eat whilst we waited for the next bus. I got a cream eclair and Thomas got a cookie top-coated in chocolate. As we were enjoying our meal, we missed the next bus! We finished up and went to wait at the bus stop. Eventually the bus came and I got to order mine and Thomas's bus ticket.
We got home, unpacked everything and had a lunch of little sandwiches. Then me and Thomas relaxed on the couch and had Pringles. Eventually I fell asleep for quite some time. When I woke up it was 8:00 so we had an hour left to go. I rose and had a bathy showery thing and got dressed. We were then picked up.

It was a big event. A lot of people were there. First Louis, Clara's little boy, got me to play on the Wii. Then we had dinner. It was fish, so I didn't eat much.


After dinner, the preperations began for peeling grapes. During said preperation I was lead downstairs by Luis in to his private room. It was large and had a computer, a punching bag, a large promotional card for Driv3r, some boxing gloves and a small closet full of games. I had a go at the punching bag. I found it difficult. Thomas blocked attacks from Louis. Then it was time for the grapes. We watched the clock on TV as we ate our grapes. The way it works is when the clock strikes 12 it does 12 bells. On each bell you eat a grape. We then went outside on the front porch to watch the fireworks.

We then played Tower Tension (a.k.a Jenga) and I lost once. Then me and Louis played Guess Who. After a while we went home.


No comments:

Post a Comment